Thursday 5 March 2009

What I learnt from the continuity task - 7

Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

Finished Film Project:

to...

Finished Continuity Task:

to...
You can see by the images above that there are similarities between them. When making the continuity project I learnt how to keep time when switching shots. This was practiced in Final Cut Express. The cutting of the footage so that it interlinked well with the next section. In the continuity task there was a scene where James is trying to close the door (which is a medium shot of him and shows his whole body) and a shot of Matt H staring on in disbelief and depression at how 'nerdy' he is (which is a close up shot of his face).

This is similar to the shot that I had in my finished Film Opening Project. When the thug stops to intimidate the cop. There is a similar sequence of shots. I used the knowledge that I gained on the continuity task to keep the time and make the sequence look better. 

No comments: